Uncertainties make me anxious. (You can imagine how this could make pregnancy complicated, but we won't go there right now.) In order to lessen my anxieties over the moving subject, I decided to write some of it down. (As a teenager it always seemed to help with whichever boy I was obsessing over, so perhaps it will work here.)
What I think I know:
- Our move will be to Topeka, Indianapolis, or Columbus. Any of these locations would be a million times closer to family than we are now.
- The moving part doesn't scare me. We've moved enough times to know that it's stressful, but it has an eventual end. Plus I know that Doug's job will take care of the packing and moving, and we can hire people for the cleaning.
- The company I work for now is great, and I enjoy my job. However, if we move, I might work remotely. I worked remotely after we moved here from South Carolina, and I found it to be a miserable experience. It could have been miserable because of the job itself rather than the remote part, but I'm just not sure. Oh boy, now this has to move to my "what I think I don't know list".
- Contrary to the problem most people have when they have a baby, we have TOO much space. Our house is way too big, and I look foward to finding something more manageable and a little cozier.
- If we will move before the baby is born (yikes) or after the baby is born. If an opportunity for Doug comes up before the baby is born, will we take it?
- Will my current employer let me work remotely? And if they will, would working remotely from home be better this time?
- Will I be happier? I've had a hard time settling into life here far away from my South Carolina friends.