Saturday, November 10, 2007

Things I've learned about pregnancy so far

  1. I have a new respect for mothers. In particular those who do this whole pregnancy thing more than once.
  2. We know way too much about pregnancy. We know which side to sleep on, which foods to eat, which foods not to eat, which vitamins to take, almost exactly what's going on inside of there, etc. You get the idea. I'm sure once the baby gets here, I'll experience the same thing again, but all about babies. And we can now add to that list all the toys have too much lead or coma-inducing drugs, and so on. I realize it's serious, but every time I think about toys with too much lead, I envision our forefathers sucking on lead lollipops. The more we know, the more there is to worry about.
  3. Morning sickness doesn't necessarily mean throwing up, nor is it restricted to morning. Someone really should rename all of that.
  4. The fact that many people have it worse than me doesn't stop me from griping about how I feel.
  5. When I'm hungry, I'm hungry, but I'm not as hungry as I thought I would be (yet).
  6. I am not above using pregnancy as an excuse for my behavior. "That must have been the baby talking!"
  7. I haven't gotten over thinking it's strange that there's a little person in there.
  8. Pregnancy sheds new light on the word heartburn.
  9. I'm friendly, but I've learned that I will talk to complete strangers about the details of my pregnancy (whether they want to hear about it or not).
  10. It doesn't bother me for people I know to touch my tummy. I'm not far enough along for strangers to come running up, hands a-stretched. I'll address that when I get there.

No comments: