Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Week 25, Day 7

A friend of mine who had a baby about ten days ago just came into the office. She's doing really well and looking great. The new baby is an adorable, tiny little guy. He only weighs around six pounds. As I was holding him I was thinking, "Wow, I'm not ready for this!" And yes, I know it's too late for that!

I'm sure (I'm hoping at least) that when our baby shows up I'll just figure it out. It's not as if I have a choice, and I know I don't have to figure it all out at once. It's just a whole new world that no book or piece of advice or someone else's baby in your arms can explain. I have days when I'm confident, and then there's today... I'm a million miles from confident. Maybe tomorrow will be a confident day. We'll see...

1 comment:

Creative Girl said...

I have total faith in you! I bet it is scary though, being this close. I think I'd would be too. But you're going to be great! :)