Thursday, January 17, 2008

Week 26, Day 1

Tick, tock, tick, tock... The clock is counting down to the end of my second trimester. Here are some not so profound things I know now:
  • My belly button is deeper than I thought it was.
  • I can still tie my shoes, but the bow has to be on the side instead of the top.
  • I'm still not above using pregnancy as an excuse. Sometimes a valid excuse, but an excuse nonetheless.
  • Pregnancy is going by faster than I thought it would.
  • It's good to know that the baby kicking inside of you, but it doesn't feel that good.
  • I haven't had as many cravings as I thought I would have.
  • I wake up a lot at night for no apparent reason. Perhaps this is Mother Nature's way of preparing me for our child, perhaps it's just some kind of cruel joke.
  • Right now the best part of my fancy new car is the heated seats.
  • I still don't mind people touching my tummy. It's almost as if my tummy isn't really a part of me right now.
  • Sometimes I feel like crying for no reason at all. I don't necessarily cry, I just feel like I might. If I have a day where this happens often, I go home and watch one of those TLC baby shows that I record and get the crying out of my system.
  • I was sure I would have stretch marks. So far I don't. And of course I realize that doesn't mean that I won't.
  • Holding someone else's baby scared the heck out of me. I wasn't worried I was going to break it or anything, I was just worried that I'll have my own soon.
  • I still don't want to go into a maternity store.

1 comment:

mamadaisy said...

wow, you made it a looooong time without going into a maternity store! it took me several attempts, too. i kept turning around and running back out the door until i had nothing left to wear but second-hand overalls. ugh. good luck! you can do it!