Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Week 28, Day 6

My family and friends have said very nice things about my appearance while I've been pregnant. They've been supportive and tell me all of the wonderful things that a pregnant woman wants to hear while she's packing on the baby pounds. I remember and appreciate each one of those comments especially during times like a little incident on the way out the door from work yesterday.

As I was leaving to go home, a co-worker (who has daughters in their mid-twenties who will likely get pregnant sometime in the next few years) said, "Goodbye, Chubby!" His daughter (who was standing nearby) gasped. All I could say at the time was "NO YOU DIDN'T!" He's lucky it wasn't a hormonal day yesterday or I am positive his head would not have made it out the door attached to the rest of his body.

SO, my family and friends, THANK YOU, and I love you!!! Your support truly gets me through the day while having the bonus effect of tempering the not so thoughtful things that people feel the need to say.

2 comments:

Creative Girl said...

I can't understand how anyone would think that was an OK thing to say to anyone! He's lucky I don't work with you.

You look adorable. And I'm not making that up!

Shelly said...

Thank you! I've stopped trying to figure out why he would think it's OK to say and moved on to revenge. :)