Thursday, March 20, 2008

Week 35, Day 1

Well, it's been an interesting journey getting to week 35. I think a few weeks back I commented that everything was pretty boring. Well, I suppose I was just begging for things to get complicated. Anyway, I don't need to go into all of that right now. On with the show...

I'm getting big. The "my innie bellybutton is now 90 percent outie" kind of big. The baby is getting big too. My belly puts Santa's to shame. I now have no trouble imagining where whomever wrote that movie script for Alien thought of the idea of some kind of creature coming out of someone's stomach. There definitely must have been a pregnancy involved.

Now that the baby's arrival is rapidly approaching, I feel like I'm on a speeding train and I've just realized that someone forgot to install any brakes. I don't think even Super Grover can help me now.

I've noticed that strangers smile at me more now that I'm so obviously pregnant. Pregnancy and babies seem to capture people's attention in a nice way. Or they're smiling because they think watching a fully-grown adult waddle like a duck is just good entertainment.

No comments: