Friday, April 4, 2008

Doctor Report

Yesterday's appointment went well. I didn't have an internal exam (I was surprised to find out that it's optional), so I apologize to those those of you who like to keep up with the state of my cervix for not having a report for you. The usual stats are good - blood pressure was the usual on the low-ish side, the belly measures at the right size, and the baby's heartbeat was in the low 140s. I did flunk my GBS test (Group B Strep), so I'll have to have some antibiotics during labor so they can go to the baby, but the doctor says that's no big deal.

At the end of the appointment, the doctor said, "So we'll see you in a week for your next appointment." I said, "Yes, I'll see you Wednesday." She said, "Ok, unless we see you sooner." Not really the kind of thing I want to hear from my doctor, but I suppose she's just warning me that it could be any time now. I'm not exactly comfortable, but I'm not exactly ready to go through labor quite yet either.

1 comment:

Lea said...

I'm glad your appointment went well. I can't believe she will be here soon. Amazing, really. :)