We weren't going to make a move on a new house until we were completely, completely (completely!) done with the transaction for selling our house. But they have this handy little thing called "contingent on closing" that let us feel OK with moving forward with making an offer.
Here's the house.
It was kind of irresistable because it met everything on our funny little must-have checklist/wishlist. What might our little list be?
- Newer home. The house was built in 1990 and had a bunch of updates to the important stuff (new roof, heat pumps, appliances) in 2006/2007. Doug's a little tired of the remodeling game and deserves a break. CHECK.
- Screened-in porch. CHECK.
- Fenced-in yard. CHECK.
- Windows that open. Sounds silly, but when you lived in a house with mostly picture windows, suddenly windows that open seem more important. Go figure. CHECK.
- Laundry by the bedrooms. There's a whole room off of the master with a lovely and ever-so-convenient washer/dryer hook up. CHECK.
- A good room for Harper. There's a room right next to the master painted the prettiest shade of pale pink that doesn't even need to be touched up. Not even a bad wallpaper border. Way to go, folks! CHECK.
- BONUS: The house is a ten minute or less walk from my inlaws, and my mother-in-law can continue to be Harper's day care.