Saturday, October 18, 2008

The most amazing thing.

The most amazing thing happened tonight. The night before last, I thought I'd see what happened if I put Harper in her crib for bedtime while she was still awake. She fussed for about 10 to 15 minutes and needed two soothings to get to sleep. I thought, "Hey, that wasn't too bad."

Last night she fell asleep early while she was having her bottle and stayed asleep when I put her in her crib. She slept until 7:30 AM this morning. I thought that was pretty amazing.

But now for the really amazing part. Tonight I thought, "Well, let's try this whole put her in her crib thing again." At 8:45 PM she seemed sleepy. I took her upstairs, put her in her crib, and walked away. Not a peep. She just went to sleep. Well, she did manage to do a 180 degree turn before she did, but she didn't make a single fussy sound. I had to go check on her she was so quiet.

Amazing. I am so lucky.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

warning....it only works till they learn to crawl out of their crib....luckily Boo hasn't learned. Good Job Harper!

Rosemarie said...

Congratulations! Funny, JMS takes long naps...and around the three hour mark I actually miss him and want to go in and wake him up.