Thursday, October 2, 2008

Out of Sorts

I haven't really stopped for a long (long) time to reflect. I think I've been afraid to. If I had stopped to really think about my life during the last year or so, I think I would have lost it.

We've been through a pregnancy, a birth, the first five months of our daughter's life (those all get counted separately because I want credit for surviving all of them!), Doug's huge job change, a month apart, a 2,000+ mile move that happened in about twelve parts, a rescinded house purchase agreement, a house sale, and a house purchase. Adding all of those events to just the normal ins and outs of life could have pushed us to the edge.

I'm proud of myself for making it through the tough times without falling apart too often, but I feel like I lost some of my life by not thinking/analyzing/reflecting. Sometimes it's OK to float through life and not think about it too much, but a year is too long to shut yourself off. I'm a little scared to look back and really think about the last year, but I'm determined to do so in order to get some of it back.

1 comment:

Lea said...

Hugs. and more hugs.