Thursday, January 22, 2009

Post #299 Celebration

It's my 299th post. And to celebrate (because celebrating 300 would be just too normal... oh, and I'll probably forget by then), I went out in the world today.

I took a photo so I'd have proof.

I immediately regretted taking the photo because I saw what a bad hair day I was having, and I almost bailed on the plan. Then I realized that the photo showed me still in my house, so what the heck does that prove?

Well, you'll have to take my word for it. I left the house. WOOHOO!

My leaving the house celebration (Oops, I mean 299th post celebration!) included a trip to the post office to mail the notes I'm holding in the photo above. They're ATCs headed to France and Italy. Too bad my celebration didn't include a visit to one of those places. After that, I headed to the antique mall and got the treasures shown below.

My mother-in-law and her friend Yvonne scoped out the green enamel pan and the Railways Guide last weekend, so I picked them up today. Here's the whole lot again all in a pile now waiting to be used in some fan-tab-u-lous collages.

Then I stopped by Java Johnny's to get a chicken salad sandwich and some Chai tea to go.

My little celebration was no thrill-a-minute roller coaster ride, but it was a change from my normal routine. Every once in a while I need to remember what it's like to put on shoes. And pants.

3 comments:

Lea said...

Definately don't forget the pants! It's cold out there. :)

Looks like some fun stuff! Love the green pan.

Judy said...

Good for you for getting out. Nice to venture out and see something other than the same four walls! :)

Mmm...and Chai tea? My favorite!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Congratulations Shelly on your 300th post! Your 299th celebration is just about darn near perfect in my book! Mailing art to people that want your art (always feels good), antique shopping, and swanky yummy lunch. Your hair looks fabulous and I want to be you!
Marsha