Thursday, February 19, 2009

Confession

As much as I hated that Harper was sick, I secretly enjoyed one part of it. She was cuddly.

Harper is not a cuddly girl. She's a "yes you can hold me but I'm going to crane my neck around in every other position so I can see what's happening and make it difficult for you to hold me" kind of girl. A very squirmy worm.

But while she was sick, she'd just lay her head down on my shoulder and rest there. Or she'd sit quietly, cuddled up next to me and watch one of her TV shows. (Yes, she has shows already.) Even when I wasn't holding her, she'd lean over forwards and rest her head on her legs in an totally exhausted but adorable way.

And I loved all of that. Just not the part about her being sick. I'll sacrifice the cuddlies for her to be back to her happy and healthy self.

3 comments:

Momma Mary said...

Leah is the same way - she does not cuddle much. :) Independent girls! After her MRI when she was so groggy she clung to me which was nice, she was so tired and confused as to what was going on. So I know what you're talking about. :) Sweet baby girls. The next day she was back to herself.

mamadaisy said...

right there with ya, sister. sam doesn't stop moving or whining long enough to be very cuddly, but i do (kind of) like it when he has a low fever and will just sit and snuggle for hours on end.

Rosemarie said...

Isn't that just the best! JMS is a cuddler...even at 2!