Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Skiiing Conditions are Perfect...

IN MY DRIVEWAY. We got another inch or so of snow yesterday. The powdery, sticky kind. The kind I would enjoy if I were a skiing type of person. Harper had a doctor's appointment this morning, so off we went on our snowy way.

We slid down the driveway and got stuck... just missing the light post in the yard by inches. Not really sure how I ended up in the yard. I blame the rear wheel drive. Anyway, Doug got us out and off we went. We made it there and back fine (and dropped Harper and Ruby off just fine at Ruby's house), but getting back up the driveway proved to be too challenging. The car is currently sitting at the bottom of the driveway. I would have parked it in the driveway, but the car kept sliding back down the hill.

Ok, on to Harper's doctor appointment. Harper weighs 17 pounds, 3 ounces. I'd tell you how tall she is, but the paper that's written on is in the car at the end of the treacherous driveway where I almost fell down three times walking up to the house. I didn't realize I needed to wear snow shoes to go to the doctor's office. I'll update you on Harper's height once the snow melts. (Which it is supposed to do, by the way... I won't be waiting until March or anything silly like that.)

She's still tall and skinny. 95th percentile for height, 25th percentile for weight and that put her in the 5th percentile overall. She's got a big melon though. Another measurement that will have to wait to be relayed until the snow melts.

She only had one shot today, and she was a trooper. She only cried for a little bit and that was because the vaccine burned. She didn't even really flinch for the poke.

Here's another pic from the other day to tide you over until the snow melts.

1 comment:

BlueRidgeLady said...

Awww little sweetie!!!! It makes my day whenever I see her picture! I'm glad the doctor visit went well and glad ya'll made it safely! I was a nervous wreck reading about the car sliding!!!
Have a good day girly!! x0x