Saturday, March 7, 2009

Folks, we have a whole new Harper on our hands


Grooving, originally uploaded by shellypaints.

Reaching ten months old brought along some other "interesting" new growing up baby stuff besides crawling.

Harper won't eat baby food any more. If she can't eat it herself with her fingers or have me put it in her mouth with my fingers, she won't eat it. She purses her lips and turns her head. If that doesn't work for her, her arms start flailing until she has succeeded in flinging that spoon along with the scoop of offending baby food from my hand. She ended up eating cut up carrots, green beans, rice krispies, and a little bit of cooked, cut up macaroni for breakfast. I'm going to have to get up to speed on what in the world to feed her now. We already give her some of those baby "snacks" like yogurt bites, freeze dried apples, and those little puff thingies. Just have to figure out what's going to work for "real" food for her now.

Let's see. What else? She no longer a big fan of afternoon naps. She won't hold still for her diaper changes (every mom who has lived through this squirmy baby stage already knows how that works - or doesn't work as the case may be). She doesn't want to be put down for long.

On the funny new baby stuff front, she "sings" more, loves to row when I sing Row Your Boat, and calls the cat MaMa. :)

3 comments:

Lea said...

Oh my, I love that video! She's singing!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Haa haaa, she is just having a good time! So cuuute! I remember my girls when they were that age, it practically took two of us to hold them down to change them! We still call Alyssa "Bow Back" because that is what she would do when she didn't want to do something! Seems like just yesterday. Love seeing Harper grow up!

mamadaisy said...

oh man... thanks for cheering up my day. that was just too cute for words!