Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Thoughts

I'm taking a deep breath in the middle of my super hectic Friday at the end of a super hectic week to share a happy thought. My mom sent an Easter package that arrived today with yummy homemade sugar cookies (in bunny and flower shapes, of course), candy (including my favorite Cadbury Creme Eggs), and some super cute clothes for Miss Harper. In the package was a yellow plastic egg with my name on it. The egg had a quarter and some candy in it. What's so special about a yellow plastic egg, you ask? Well, this happens to be a yellow plastic egg that my Grandpa wrote my name on from many Easters ago when I was just a little girl. My Grandpa would put quarters into eggs for us to hunt. This was MY special egg. Unfortunately, my Grandpa passed away in 1995 (I think that's the right year), but fortunately, I get to remember happy memories of my time with him all those Easters ago.

Happy Easter!

P.S. Thank you again, Mama!

2 comments:

Lea said...

That was sweet of her. :) Enjoy your cadberry cremes! I was thinking about you and your love of those today.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Happy Easter weekend Shelly! I hope you eat cadberry eggs all weekend! I love your yellow egg and the story with it and what a great mama you have! I spy a little piece of me in that pic!

Thanks for your kind words on my blog today. We are so alike in our backgrounds and thoughts on art and it always helps to be affirmed, ya know? So thank you for that. Thanks for all of your ongoing encouragement. I am glad we are in all of the same circles lately! You're a good friend.

marsha