Friday, April 17, 2009

Right Idea, Wrong Timing

Have you ever had an idea that occured to you at just the wrong time? Well, that's the story with the new collage below. A few months ago when no one really heard much about real life pirates, this would have been just a cute collage. Now I feel like I've made something just politically incorrect. Sigh. The little boy's flag somehow reminded me of a pirate flag and the rest just happened. About halfway through I realized that making anything celebrating pirates would just not be a good idea, but by then, it was an idea that had to be completed. So here it is, in it's politically incorrect glory.

3 comments:

BlueRidgeLady said...

Well I think this just turned out great! At least you had an idea...I couldn't come up with a one! Maybe later....

Judy said...

I think it is very cute. I see those precious Bingo numbers. So glad you have already used them.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Well, thanks Shelly! I didn't even think about the political side of things and you should see what I made today - pirate fairy in a boat! Now I feel politically incorrect too! Well, I never thought of the mean ol' nasty real pirates when I looked at your lovely fun and charming piece. I still love it!