Thursday, July 9, 2009

Where does the time go?

I have no idea how days or weeks go by without posting something. It just happens. It could perhaps be that life and baby and work and art thing, but who knows... maybe there's some other explanation like laziness or nothing interesting to blog about or space alien abduction.I started working on this big giant black thingy yesterday. Exciting, huh? I'll try to post pictures as it progresses into something besides a "thingy".

And on a fun note (well, fun for ME anyway), I got an award/meme from a much sweeter Shelly (AKA BlueRidgeLady - see her blog HERE)! I'm supposed to tell seven things about myself and then pass the award on to seven of my fabulous blogging buddies. I think I'll do the pass it on part first.

I hereby bestow this 7 things award on:

  1. Sarah (http://sarah-crazymama.blogspot.com/) Sissy - I didn't steal Mary this time, so you'd better send it to her! :)
  2. Rosemarie (http://blogcritic-rss.blogspot.com/)
  3. Lea (http://creativgrl.blogspot.com/)
  4. Syd (http://sheepfloozy.blogspot.com/)
  5. Gigi (http://photowander.blogspot.com/)
  6. Roc (http://whatsuproc.blogspot.com/)
  7. Cassandra (http://myartfuladventures.blogspot.com/)

Ok, seven things about me: (I've been feeling peevish lately, so I'll start with a pet peeve.)

1. I can't stand stepping in anything wet while wearing socks. Completely freaks me out and the socks must come off immediately. And just so I don't use up another one of my seven things with stepping on things issues, I'll say here that I also can't stand to walk on a dirty floor (i.e., my kitchen floor) barefoot because I hate feeling any kind of grit on the bottom of my feet.

2. I have more ideas than I have time/energy. A constant source of frustration that I keep at bay by writing lists.

3. I write a lot of lists.

4. I find eating to be a hassle on most days. And when I'm doing artwork, it's just downright unbearable to have to stop to eat. I mean, I like food just fine, but eating is too much work and just takes too much time in my opinion. (Marsha - I seem to remember that you have this "issue" too! I remember reading that on your blog quite a while back thinking... I thought I was the only one! Maybe Willy Wonka will come out with his whole meal in a piece of candy someday.)

5. When I grow up, I want to be a Muppet. Minus the someone shoving their arm up my arse part.

6. I've lived in five different states. This means that I have friends and family all over the darn place. Really, this item should have said... I'm really not good at keeping up with all of my family and friends. But I do think about them a lot.

7. I am still convinced that I lost brain cells during pregnancy/childbirth. While that was all for a very worthwhile and quite adorable cause, I think it is a true pity that I didn't kill my brain cells doing something more irresponsible.

3 comments:

Momma Mary said...

1 - I cannot stand wet socks - ick! If I take my socks off for any reason they are considered dirty. Whether I had them on for 10 seconds or 10 hours.

2 - YES on #7. I don't know where they went but I am not as good at taking care of things as I once was...hence I am a better list maker because I recognize I cannot remember things...

Anyway - you made me laugh so I had to comment!

Rosemarie said...

I suck...I don't even have seven blog friends. :) I sent it back to you..is that legal?

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Oh you are too funny! Yes, I have the same "thing" with eating. And I also have the same "thing" about socks and wet things. Yet, I hate being barefoot on anything other than carpet!

Congratulations on your award! You deserve it sweet blogging person. I got the same one from EQUALLY sweet Shelly, whether I deserved it or not. hee hee

Okay this big black thingy . . . I am so intrigued! I can't wait to see what it will be! A large collage of me perhaps (just kidding)? A new table top? A game board? A raft? A dance floor? A gigantic amazing collage or painting? Hmmm. The anticipation is fun! Quit reading this and go to work - I wanna see, I wanna see!

marsha