Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Harper confessional

I've been letting Harper mess with the DS, and she's been recording sound files.  I listened to them and found a little theme... Oh, it starts innocently enough with an "Itsy Bitsy Spider" rendition, but then you'll quickly see a theme emerge.

video

-------------------------------------
Transcript of the video
(for those folks who don't speak Harper-speak)

Wash the spider away
Up came the sun and dried up all the rain
So the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again

But I can't have it.
But I really want it.
But it costs too much.
But I still want it, you know.
I just do.

Well, well, just... Well, I JUST can't have ABCMouse dot com because Mama and Daddy my Mama and Daddy think...

Just have to have that ABCMouse dot com, BUUUUUT my Mama and Daddy think it costs too much but they just say it...

Well, ABC mouse is on Nick Junior.  Well, I just want... [undecipherable] ...sign up for free...

Well, I JUST need ABCMouse dot com, BUUUUT I just still want it but my Mama and Daddy say...

Well, I really want ABCMouse dot com, but it costs eighty doll...eighteen dollars.  I just can't have it.

A. B. C. Mouse dot com {long pause}  A. B. C. Mouse dot com...  I want A...
--------------------------------------

In case you're wondering, ABCMouse.com is a learning website advertised on the kids channels.  It costs eighty dollars a year to subscribe which is why little princess isn't getting what she so obviously desires.

1 comment:

roc said...

aawww...but mom..she just HAS to have it!!